Sunday, June 22 - Friday, June 27
Food Matters: The Science of Nutrition & Exercise
This distinct one-week opportunity for ninth and tenth grade Latinas will encompass activities in art, science and computer technology. You will take educational field trips, meet with Latina community leaders and participate in enriching events and exercises. Through hands-on activities, you will explore:
• The science of “slow food” vs. “fast food”
• Healthy/unhealthy foods and safe practices
• “Hungry Planet” - global economic and
environmental impact of food production
• Nutritious food choices across cultures
• Body, Mind & Spirit: connect health and wellness
At the Latina Academy, you will also:
• Discover your potential, make new friends and have
• Experience college life in the residence halls
• Go on field trips, enjoy swimming, try self-defense, Zumba dancing, journaling and meditation
• Share a meal and chat with professional Latina women
• Use technology to document your projects
When does the program begin?
Latina Summer Academy begins Sunday afternoon and ends Friday evening with a family picnic and graduation.
How do I apply?
Complete the Registration Form and mail, along with a $25 registration fee to:
Latina Summer Academy 2013
ATTN: María Luisa Gastón, College of Saint Mary
7000 Mercy Road
Omaha, NE 68106
For more information contact Maria Luisa Gaston at 402-399-2491 or email@example.com