Leadership Launch is designed to foster leadership of newer members within student organizations and emerging first and second-year leaders in the CSM community. It also serves to provide students with the opportunity to develop the necessary skills to become leaders on campus, in their professions, and in their own communities.
About the Program
The Leadership Launch Program promotes personal development and leadership skills. 2011 marks the 10th Anniversary for the program. This joint venture between the Office of Student Leadership & Organizations and the Office of Residence Life provides a dualistic approach to discussing the leadership topics covered in Leadership Launch. Graduates of the program have gone on to lead or start several student organizations on campus, or take on other leadership roles, like being a Resident Advisor (RA) in the residence halls.
Learning Outcomes for Leadership Launch
- Cultivate personal leadership skills and invoke those leadership skills when necessary
- Articulate in detail the leadership skills they possess and how they use those skills
- Value an open and free exchange of ideas
- Actively engage in opportunities to be leaders within the community and see the value in it
- Apply newly gained leadership skills in and out of the classroom
- Class Size: 15-25 Students
- Audience: First and second-year students
- Timing: Leadership Launch X begins January 12, 2011
- Facilitators: Jenny Wittstock, Director of Student Leadership & Organizations & Director of Residence Life
Students must be nominated by CSM staff and/or faculty members to be a part of the program. The nomination process takes place each year in November.
Requirements for nomination
- Must have a minimum 2.5 GPA or be admitted in good standing at CSM
- Must be a First or Second-year student
- Must be available to attend all sessions
- The student must display a determination to become a leader on campus or desire additional leadership skills for life
- Must be nominated by faculty and/or staff