Sunday, June 23 - Friday, June 28
Art or Science? Explore the Connections!
This distinct one-week opportunity for ninth and tenth grade Latinas will encompass activities in art, science and computer technology. You will take educational field trips, meet with Latina community leaders and participate in enriching events and exercises. The program starts on Sunday afternoon and ends Friday evening with a family picnic. Highly-qualified faculty and bilingual staff closely supervise students.
During the week you will engage in:
• Hands-on activities to explore the connections of art with science, technology and
• Learning about careers for women in these fields
• Developing useful technology skills
• Understanding the importance of art and science in personal and community life
• Exploring and expressing the richness of art in Latino cultures
At the Latina Summer Academy, you will also:
• Live in the residence halls and make new friends
• Experience college life, including the Lied Fitness Center and pool
• Try self-defense, yoga and dancing
• Use technology to document your projects and experiences
When does the program begin?
Latina Summer Academy begins Sunday afternoon and ends Friday evening with a family picnic and graduation.
How do I apply?
Complete the Registration Form and mail, along with a $25 registration fee to:
Latina Summer Academy 2013
ATTN: María Luisa Gastón, College of Saint Mary
7000 Mercy Road
Omaha, NE 68106
For more information contact Maria Luisa Gaston at 402-399-2491 or email@example.com